Blue Ox BX1992 Base Plate for Mercedes GL550 2008 Camper Trailer RV
Blue Ox BX1992 Base Plate for Mercedes GL550 2008
1. Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
2. Requires some trimming of bumper (fascia, plastic, and/or grill).
3. Requires some drilling (not major).
11. The weight of this vehicle is near the Class III, 5000 lb, rating limitations. Some models, depending on options, may well exceed this 5000 lb rating. Be sure to confirm the weight of your individual vehicle before towing. As of 1999 the Aventa II is now rated at 10000 lbs and either the Aventa II or Alexus tow bar must be used for these applications. Tow bar adapters are not to be used with vehicles weighing over 5000 lbs.
12. Baseplate has non-24" spaced attachment tabs. Requires either a motorhome mounted tow bar or an adapter to utilize a car mounted tow bar. The BX88153 adapter can not be used on non 24" baseplates. See "Accessories" on back page. Tow bar adapters are not to be used with vehicles weighing over 5000 lbs.
13. Use only with motorhome mount tow bars or the BX8833 or BX88151 adapters. Removable tabs with only one hole will not attach to car mount tow bars or other adapters. The Acclaim may only be used with removable tab baseplates that have 22" or greater spaced tabs. The Adventurer may be used with baseplates having 24"-40" spaced removable tabs. The Ambassador may only be used with 24" spaced removable tabs.
47. The BX88152 adapter can not be used with this Baseplate.
50. While this vehicle was originally released as towable 4 wheels down, a lube pump may be required due to issues with overheating. Please contact Ford for more information.
Local? Need Installation? We do that too! Please call us at 626.513.4777
Note: This item may incur a 25% restocking fee.
THANKS FOR LOOKING!