So every year, you get your mother a card and some flowers for Mother's Day, and take her out to eat to the same restaurants. Why not try doing an adventure with your mom this year, you know the thing she craves most is spending time with her family, and what better way to do so than taking a trip together!
Here are some ideas that might help spark a plan for this year:
1. Go for a hike: Get some exercise and explore nature at the same time. NWF’s got some tips and tools to make it fun.
- Print out a Wildlife Observation Hike sheet, and keep track of the animals you see along the way.
- When you get home, share your wildlife sightings with NWF's Wildlife Watch.
Be nature detectives: go on a nature scavenger hunt.
2. Rent or borrow an RV/5th wheel and take a trip along the coast, visit the beaches, woodland-y areas, go dry camping,
Find out what national forests have their camp sites open
What beaches have camp sites for RVs or camp on the beach
3. Plan a day at the park. Get a barbeque going, get the family and friends out with you, and make a day out of it!
4. Instead of buying her a gift she might not use or return (like my mom has lol), take her out shopping at some outlet malls, antique stores, swapmeets, farmers markets or those huge marketplaces that only happen once a month, let her buy what she wants so that you know she'll be happy with the "gift" you got her.
- You can always check with your city or surrounding cities and see when they have their farmers markets and swapmeets.
5. If mom is the uber adventurous type, you can try rock climbing, white water rafting, maybe take her out to the river and do some water skiing, wakeboarding or even fishing. Maybe even trampolining or reverse skydiving!
Google any of these activities online and find the closest venue to you.
I'm sure this gift would be a day your mom would never forget!
If you insist on getting a gift for her, you can always make a scrapbook, collage, video, slideshow, painting, sculpture, whatever you please for mother's day or if your mother is into the RVing aspect of travel, feel free to check out our Gift Accessories Category for any simple gifts that might pique her interest, browse our site for something more practical that they might need for the rigs or even a Gift Certificate for American RV Company!!
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!